The full requirements for Clinic entries are outlined in the Member’s Handbook, but are generally as follows:
- A maximum of 5 images per person per clinic may be entered
- Images may be driven from digital cameras or scanned photographic images
- All images must be the work of the maker
- The images will be evaluated online
File Sizing And Format
- Submit images as JPEG files. They will be projected in sRGB colour space
- Maximum horizontal size is 1400 pixels
- Maximum vertical size is 1050 pixels. Smaller sizes are acceptable but will show smaller on the screen
- Larger sizes are reduced by the computer with probably loss of sharpness
Refer to the Tutorial on Resizing Images.
Please use the following Digital File Name Format (Same as last year):
Level-Category-Maker-Your Image Title
Use a hyphen as illustrated – note – there is no hyphen in the title.
Level: B=Bronze S=Silver G=Gold M=Master
Category: P=Pictorial N=Nature C=Creative
Maker: Your personal clinic number
Your Title: Your Image Title. Maximum of 25 characters.
EG: B-P-99-After the Rain.jpg or B-P-99-After the Rain.jpg
It is essential that you use this format.
If your title includes a hyphenated word, do not use the hyphen.
EG: Red-winged Blackbird would be Red winged Blackbird
- Use only letters and numbers in the titles in your filenames
- Avoid extra punctuation like ellipses (…), exclamation, quotation and question marks, slashes, brackets and of course hyphens
- The last hyphen should be after your clinic number
- Thus, avoid B-P-99-Takeoff! … or not ? – #9.jpg
- Exceptions: Apostrophes and ampersands, so B-N-99-Cooper’s Hawk & Chick.jpg is OK
Email your Digital Images to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the due date.
Receipt of your entries will be acknowledged via email.
New members may obtain their clinic number via an email to the same address: email@example.com.
Mac Mail Users
If you are submitting your images using Mac Mail, put them in a folder first (even if you are only submitting one image), and drag the whole folder into your e-mail message.